For Old Bleach, Halloween has little or nothing to do with rotund geese. Rather it’s an opportunity to dress up like big children and go for a cycle.
We invite you to join us for a ghoulish gathering this Saturday (the 25th of October – 9-30am – outside The Old Forge) and to dress accordingly.
In this case ‘dress accordingly’ means ‘wear some Halloween themed attire’.
Please don’t feel forced into dressing up. If you don’t feel like doing it, you don’t have to. If you do want to dress up, then dress up. It’s all supposed to be fun.
Some things to consider if/when choosing your attire are:
- It’s late October in N.Ireland. It’s cold. ‘Sexy devil’ outfits may lead to mild frostbite – sorry Damien, you’ll have to wear something else this year
- You still need to wear a helmet and be able to see/hear/balance properly
- A item, such as a cape or devil’s tail, which can catch in your spokes probably isn’t the wisest option
- Accessories in the vein of the large trident (as modelled by Didi ‘El Diablo’ Senft in the photo above) look good but what do you do with them while you’re on the bike?
- If you’re wearing makeup, will it tolerate the clammy sweatiness of cycling?
- Large and baggy clothing or the likes of wings (you never know) might make one unstable in the, reasonably, high winds currently forecast for Saturday
We look forward to getting a good turnout on Saturday and seeing plenty of ‘beastly bleachies’. That’s enough contrived alliteration for now.